Hello all, sadly we have been attacked with spammers and we therefor need to disable registration of new users to the server. This will be enabled again as soon as needed mitigations are implemented.
Also we need to delete the accounts registrered the last days as most/all of these are owned by not wanted users. Sorry about this.
Sorry, but have today had issues with Ejabberd – it would not start after a normal service restart. Due to having a really horrible Internet connection during my vacation on Sicily in Italy resolving it took a long time.
I ended up reinstalling and recompiling Ejabberd and now it seems to be back in service.
Very sorry about this and the trouble this has caused.
Just upgraded to Ejabberd version 2.1.10, no new functionality just bug fixes. Also I upgraded our SSL certificate to Class 2 from Startcom giving us a higher verification class. In practise not a big change but it means the server and service has a better verification and there is more reason to trust the validity of the server.
The transports are not back due to problems geting the new Spectrum service to work stable. I am still doing testing of these from time to time and will introduce them again when the service is stable enough. In the interim I would suggest using multiple clients or a multiprotocol one like Pidgin or Digsby and similar. Other suggestions? Leave them in the comments. 🙂
We are now moving the service to a new server based on Gentoo and upgraded version of Ejabberd to version 2.1.8. There will be a bit of downtime but no more than a couple of hours max. Estimated finish aprox 14:00 CET.
Hello all, we are very sorry about the instability lately. We are by now on an unsupported Ubuntu version and we will need to migrate onto a new server install to remedy the problems. Currently we are looking for a solution to this and are asking for your patience while we sort this out. Very sorry about this!
We have now migrated the databases over to MySQL databases from Ejabberds mnesia due to size issues causing instability. We have seen some few collation issues on the roster but that should be ok, just set the name again to mitigate. Let us hope this means more stable services 🙂
We have found the root cause of the instability issues with Ejabberd, basically our database is too big for the internal databases and we need to export to SQL based database.
Currently we are trying to do this migration but not without issues. Will update status later.
I have now removed the Python based transports and enabled the Spectrum ones again since it did not have any effect disabling them. Lets see what happens in a few days of running this way.
I have now stopped the Spectrum transports to see if that improves stability. At the same time I have also adjusted the logging to capture more details if we encounter more problems.
We have upgraded to last version of Spectrum due to stability problems on the version we have been running (pulling down the ejabberd server). Hope things are (more) stable now.